Wilson Graveyard (North)
Chazy, Clinton County, New York
DIRECTIONS: Located on Lot 244 (80-acre, Refugee Patent) in the
north-east corner of the Ridge Road and the road running east and west from the
State Road, south of Chazy Village, to School No. 9, on the road from West
Chazy to Mooers.
In a pasture on the Miner Farm, slightly raised above the natural ground, and completely hidden in a thick clump of cedars. Only four
inscribed stones found.
- This cemetery was completely copied Aug. 28, 1938 by Hugh & Charles Woodbur "Woody" McLellan.
- These records are part of what is known as the McLellan Cemetery Records. Beginning in 1933, Hugh McLellan, his son, Charles Woodbury “Woody” McLellan, and his daughter-in-law, Hulda (Bredenburg) McLellan traveled to various cemeteries throughout Clinton County copying the inscriptions from cemetery stones. Upon his death, these records were to have been donated to Cornell University. However, Dr. Allan Everest of SUNY Plattsburgh convinced the McLellan family to keep the records locally, and they were eventually donated to SUNY Plattsburgh. Complete sets of these records are also available at the Plattsburgh Public Library, the Clinton County Historian's office in Plattsburgh, and the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Keeseville, New York. Each Town Historian has a copy of their segment as well.
Adaline. / Wife of / Nathan WILSON / died March 19, 1848. / AE. 36 Y'rs. /
John / son of / Nathan & Adaline / WILSON, / Died / Sept. 12, 1849. /
William WILSON / Died / May 29, 1851, / AE. 21 Yrs. & 4 Mos. /
Footstone: W.W. /
Malinda, / daugh. of / Nathan & Catharine / WILSON, / Died / July 31, 1852
/ AE. 4 mos. /
Footstone: M.W. /
Source: McLellan Cemetery Records
This page maintained by Joyce M. Ranieri