Hammond Graveyard (SC-4)
Schuyler Falls, Clinton County, New York
DIRECTIONS: This cemetery has two graves and is located on the south side of Broadwell Road.
- The first burial was in 1851 and the last in 1887.
- This cemetery was copied on June 2, 1946 by C. W. McLellan.
- These records are part of what is known as the McLellan Cemetery Records. Beginning in 1933, Hugh McLellan, his son, Charles Woodbury “Woody” McLellan, and his daughter-in-law, Hulda (Bredenburg) McLellan traveled to various cemeteries throughout Clinton County copying the inscriptions from cemetery stones. Upon his death, these records were to have been donated to Cornell University. However, Dr. Allan Everest of SUNY Plattsburgh convinced the McLellan family to keep the records locally, and they were eventually donated to SUNY Plattsburgh. Complete sets of these records are also available at the Plattsburgh Public Library, the Clinton County Historian's office in Plattsburgh, and the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Keeseville, New York. Each Town Historian has a copy of their segment as well.
- It was transcribed by Marvin M. Connor on January 15, 2002. McLellan used a / to represent a line break. That formatting has been partially retained in this transcription.
Esther / Daughter of M. & E. BOYNTON. / Died Nov 20, 1851 / Age 2 yrs / 28 days
Description: Marble stone, on ground, smashed in many pieces but not scattered.
George WILCOX / Died Nov 4, 1887 / Age 65 Yrs
Rest, dear Brother Rest,
By the side of our Mother,
according to thine one request.
Note: He died at the residence of his nephew, W. J. Hammond in Morrisonville.
Description: Marble standing but loose on ground.
Source: McLellan Cemetery Records
This page maintained by Joyce M. Ranieri