Ellenburg, Clinton County, New York
- This cemetery was visited and "carefully examined" by C. W. McLellan and H. C. Bredenburg in May 1955.
- McLellan wrote: "About 2 miles due south of Ellenburg Center, on east side of road -- 15 rods back -- on north end of Bombard Farm, across from Rollie Williams house. Abour fifteen or twenty plain field stones, indicating graves. No markings on any of the stones."
- These records are part of what is known as the McLellan Cemetery Records. Beginning in 1933, Hugh McLellan, his son, Charles Woodbury “Woody” McLellan, and his daughter-in-law, Hulda (Bredenburg) McLellan traveled to various cemeteries throughout Clinton County copying the inscriptions from cemetery stones. Upon his death, these records were to have been donated to Cornell University. However, Dr. Allan Everest of SUNY Plattsburgh convinced the McLellan family to keep the records locally, and they were eventually donated to SUNY Plattsburgh. Complete sets of these records are also available at the Plattsburgh Public Library, the Clinton County Historian's office in Plattsburgh, and the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Keeseville, New York. Each Town Historian has a copy of their segment as well.
Source: McLellan Cemetery Records
This page maintained by Joyce M. Ranieri