Essex County, New York
Cemeteries on this page are arranged by township, alphabetically.
Those marked by red asterisks (**
) are located off site, many of which are found on the Essex County RootsWeb Site. This work is in progress.
Watch for updates!
Click here to view a map of Essex County
NOTE: I have not marked all known cemeteries on the map below. I am still trying to locate some of them!
View Larger Map
- Bouquet Cemetery - This
cemetery is located 2.7 miles west of Elizabethtown on Route 9N. It is
NOT visible from the road.
- Brainards Forge Cemetery -
This cemetery is located on the Brainards Forge Road in Elizabethtown,
New York, 1.8 miles north of the intersection with Route 9N.
- Calkin Burial Ground - The Calkin Burial Ground is located next to the fenced in Lord Cemetery on Calkin Cemetery Way, just off Hurricane Mountain Lane, in Elizabethtown.
- Lord Cemetery - The Lord Cemetery is located on Calkin Cemetery Way, just off Hurricane Mountain Lane, in Elizabethtown.
- Miller Cemetery -
This cemetery is also known as Richrads Cemetery. - It is located 3.5 miles north of Elizabethtown on Route 9N. It
is on a slight knoll on the right hand side of the road.
- Old Post Cemetery - This
cemetery is located on Route 9N next to the Catholic church in Elizabethtown.
- Riverside Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Hand Avenue in the Village of Elizabethtown, NY, the street beginning at the "top of the hill" between the Museum (old High School) and the stone United Church of Christ Church.
- Saint Elizabeth's Catholic Cemetery - This cemetery is located behind St. Elizabeth's
Church on Route 9 (south end) in the village of Elizabethtown, NY.
- Simonds Hill Cemetery -
This cemetery is located on Essex County
Rte. 7 (Lincoln Pond Road), 3.1 miles from the intersection with Route
9N in Elizabethtown. If you are looking carefully for the dirt road leading
into the cemetery, some stones are visible from the road.
- Smith Family Cemetery - This
is a private plot located on the main road south of New Russia.
- Briar Hill Cemetery - Briar Hill Cemetery is on the south side of Route 22 just west of the hamlet of Essex, New York.
- Brookfield Baptist Cemetery - This cemetery is situated about six miles west of Essex Village.
- County Home Cemetery - WORK IN PROGRESS!
- Old Burt Cemetery - Located about four miles west of Essex on the right side of Route 22 between Boquet and Whallonsburg, NY.
- Ross Vault - Briar Hill Cemetery - This family vault is located on the west side of Briar Hill Cemetery. Briar Hill is on the south side of Route 22 just west of the hamlet of Essex, New York. (NOTE: Only burials in the vault have been transcribed.)
- Split Rock Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Rte. 80 in Whallons Bay.
- Whallons Bay Cemetery -
- St. John's Columbarium - located on Church Street.
- Central Cemetery - From Route 9N in Jay village, turn south onto John Fountain Road.
Cross the bridge and turn right (southwest) onto Covered Bridge Lane. Central
Cemetery is at the top of the hill, .3 miles from the bridge.
- Central Cemetery (new section) - From Route 9N in Jay village, turn south onto John Fountain Road.
Cross the bridge and turn right (southwest) onto Covered Bridge Lane. Central
Cemetery is at the top of the hill, .3 miles from the bridge.
- Coolidge Family Cemetery - From Route 9N in Jay Village, turn onto the John Fountain Road.
Cross the bridge and turn right (southwest) onto Covered Bridge Lane. At the
Glen Road, turn right. Coolidge Cemetery is 2.3 miles from the bridge.
- Mountain View Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Route 9N in Jay.
- North Jay Cemetery - Cross Stickney
Bridge on Stickney Bridge Road. Bear right at the y in the road. The cemetery
is 1.5 miles from the bridge near an elk farm.
- Clifford Cemetery - From Alstead Hill Road take Bartlett Road to Clifford Road going left to Caner's. The graveyard is on a little rise to the left of the house.
- Davis Cemetery - This cvemetery is located on the Alstead Hill Road, .5 miles beyond the Wood / Washburn Cemetery. It is on a rise to the right.
- Elijah Brown's Grave - This grave is on old Elijah Brown's Farm on 9N north of Keene about 2 to 2 1/2 miles, across from the old iron bridge and near two old root cellars. It is a little above the more southerly of the root cellars.
- Estes Cemetery - Park on Rivermede Driveway, just beyond Phelps Brook and walk up to the front of Bob & Blakie Worth's house and across the front to the graveyard.
- Fairview Cemetery - This cemetery is located on the Hulls Falls Road to the right near Keene Town Center. It is the second largest cemetery in town.
- Holt Cemetery - Park on Airport Road just beyond the Horse Farm. Walk into the woods along the fence of the pasture north of the house.
- Hull Cemetery - Take Hulls Road to the Langmann / Bradbury property. The graveyard is on the north (right) side of the red house.
- Ingalls Cemetery - From the Bark Eater, take Limekiln Road 9 tenths of a mile down the hill on your right.
- Norton Cemetery - The entrance is off route 9 near route 73. This is a very large cemetery containing over 1000 graves. Findagrave.com has a list containing 1,536 names. I don't know if this is a complete list or not.
- Notman Grave -
- Pratt Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Alstead Hill between Wilson's ranch & Jesse Belan's (1955). The cemetery deed belonged to the Davis family who came to Keene from Alstead, New Hampshire.
- Shaw Cemetery - Take Hulls Falls Road near the former Pickard property (old Shaw Farm) to Peasley drive. Walk up through the orchard behind the house and barn to a gravesite on the edge of a drop off to the left.
- Wood / Washbond Cemetery - These
are two small private family plots, now overgrown, located behind the Washbond
place on the Alstead Hill Road. They were once enclosed by a stone fence.
- Crossett Cemetery - This small family plot is found 1.1 miles west off of Route 9 on the Trout Pond Road in north Lewis.
- Deerhead Cemetery - Cemetery also known as Crowningshield Cemetery on south side of dirt road running west from Rte. 9, 0.7 miles in hamlet known as Deerhead, N.Y.
- Lewis Cemetery - Located behind the Congregational Church in Lewis.
- Roscoe Cemetery - Heading from
Elizabethtown to Lewis, turn left at the Highway Department. Follow the
road straight through the intersection. The cemetery is on a knoll on
the left, not two miles from where you left Route 9.
MINERVA - Minerva Central School has worked on mapping all of the cemeteries in the town of Minerva. You can find their work at: https://www.minervasd.org/Page/624
- Federal Flats Cemetery - findagrave.com contains a list with 271 names. I don't know if this is a complete listing or not.
- Gore Cemetery - listing of 34 names.
- Irishtown Cemetery - listing at findagrave of 718 names
- Minerva Baptist Cemetery - listing from findagrave with 473 names
- St. Joseph's Cemetery - findagrave.com has a list with 94 names.
- Bay State Cemetery (a.k.a. Furnace Cemetery) - Located on Main Street (SR 9N & 22) 0.7 miles north of the center of Port Henry Village on the east side behind a row of houses.
- Big Hollow Cemetery - a.k.a. Beers Cemetery - At 2.85 miles south of Moriah Corners turn east onto Lang Road. The cemetery is located at the end of the dirt road 1.5 miles from the South Moriah Road. (The last 0.1 miles is on unimproved road.)
- Catholic Community of Moriah Cemetery - This cemetery is located on the Plank Road (CR 4) 1 mile southeast of the Moriah Center intersection.
- Havens Cemetery (a.k.a. Whitney Street Cemetery) - Whitney Street intersects Main Street (SR 9N & 22) 0.75 miles south of the center of Port Henry Village. The cemetery is located 50 feet on the right.
- Joiner Family Cemetery - This cemetery is located on the old back road from Moriah Center headed south towards Crown Point, N.Y. Almost at the intersection of So. Moriah Road and the previous (Joiner Road). The cemetery sits on the left going south.
- Mineville Cemetery - Located at the intersection of Raymond Wright Ave. (formerly Broad Street) and Plank Road (CR 7) in Mineville.
- Saint Patrick's Cemetery - Located on the Plank Road (CR 4) 0.7 miles southeast of the Moriah Center intersections. The cemetery has not been transcribed yet, but you can see a copy of the Cemetery Report, 1973 online here. Additionally, there is a parital list of 2,486 names at findagrave.com.
- Saints Peter & Paul's Cemetery - Located on the Plank Road (CR 4) 0.4 miles southeast of the Moriah Center intersections. There is a partial list of 1632 names at findagrave.com
- Sherman Cemetery - aka Crowfoot Pond Cemetery - Located on a knoll behind a house at the intersection of Crowfoot Road and Ensign Pond Road
- South Moriah Cemetery - Located 0.4 miles south of Moriah Corners on the South Moriah Road.
- Spear Cemetery - Located on the Harry Allen Road 1.9 miles west from the intersection of the Harry Allen Road and SR 9N & 22 in Port Henry Village.
- Stevenson Cemetery - Located at the intersection of SR 9N & 22 with the Stevenson Cemetery Road midway between the villages of Port Henry (in the Town of Moriah) and Westport.
- Union Cemetery - Located at the intersection of Plank Road (CR 4) and Forge Hollow Road across from Moriah Central School.
- Walton-Locke Cemetery - Located on the old Walton farm just north of Port Henry on the Westport Road.
- Bennett Cemetery - This listing of 3 names was found on findagrave.
- Huntington Cemetery - aka Grave Yard Bay cemetery - listing of 122 names found on findagrave.com
- Newcomb Cemetery -
- St. John's Cemetery - findagrave has a listing of 15 names. It is probably not complete.
- John Brown's Farm Cemetery - This family cemetery is located on John Brown Road, .7 miles south of the intersection with Rte. 73.
- North Elba Cemetery - findagrave.com has a listing of 316 names. This is probably not complete. Digital Abraham is working on digitally documenting the North Elba Cemetery.
- Pine Ridge Cemetery - Take Route 3 East from Saranac Lake to Pine Street. The cemetery is just past the railroad tracks.
- Saint Agnes Cemetery -
- Lake Placid Synagogue Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Old Military Road in Lake Placid, New York.
- Baker Street Cemetery - This cemetery is located just west of Route 9, south of the village of Schroon Lake. It is not visible from the road.
- Burritt Cemetery -
- Charlie Hill Cemetery -
- Day Cemetery -
- Hoffman Cemetery **
- Foster Cemetery -
- Loch Muller Cemetery - From the center of Schroon Lake, drive about 1/2 mile south. Turn right on Hoffman Road and drive about 6.3 miles. The cemetery trailhead is on the left (opposite) Loch Muller Road. The cemetery is about a half mile from the road and is an easy hike with a slight upgrade.
- Miscellaneous Burials -
- Paradax Lake** -
- Severance Cemetery - (aka Baptist Cemetery) **- From the intersection of US
9 and SR 74 travel east 0.4 miles on SR 74. Turn north onto Stowell
Rd. The cemetery is on your left.
- Schroon Lake Village Cemetery -
- South Schroon Cemetery -
- Brookside Cemetery -
- Chubb Cemetery - The graveyard is
3.1 miles south of the Bloomingdale Vol. Fire Dept. on Rt. #3, located
on the west side of Rt. #3, on the Ray Boyd residence.
- Goodspeed Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Goodspeed Drive / Road.
- Bugbee Family Cemetery - These stones are in an old cemetery in the pasture of the Black Point Farm.
- Chilson Cemetery - From the intersection of SR 9N and SR 74 travel west 4.8 miles. Turn south onto Putts Pond Road (CR 39). The cemetery is found on the east side of the road 0.2 miles from the intersection.
- Fort Ticonderoga Garrison Cemetery - listing found at findagrave.com
- Ingalls Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Route 9N on the west side of the road.
- McCaughin Cemetery - McDougal Drive
- Miller Cemetery - To find this small family cemetery, turn southeast onto Sawyer Road from Route 9N. The cemetery is on a knoll on the right side of the road.
- Mission Cemetery ** - Vineyard Road
- Mount Hope Cemetery ** -
- Morse Family Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Baldwin Road.
- Pell Family Cemetery - findagrave.com lists 3 names
- Rogers Cemetery - Located in a pasture on the left side of the Shore Airport Road as it proceeds northward along Lake Champlain to Crown Point.
- Saint Mary's Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Alexandria Avenue. Findagrave.com has a listing of 2,053 people. I doubt this is a complete list.
- Salmon Grave - This small plot once used for burial is situated about one eight mile south of the Miller plot. It lays some one hundered or more feet north of the present highway and has been for many years a part of a pasture.
- South Ticonderoga, "West" Cemetery - NOTE - THIS IS THE SAME CEMETERY AS VALLEY VIEW!
- Streetroad Cemetery - This cemetery is located on Route 9N on the east side of the road.
- Thompson Family Cemetery - This family plot is located south of the cliff on the Albert Thompson place (1957), near the road.
- Valley View Cemetery - There are two online versions of this cemetery. One was transcribed by Jane Devlin and can be found here. The other was transcribed and photographed by Bruce DeLarm and can be found here. Neither one seems to be complete.
- Weed-Arthur Family Cemetery - This cemetery is located between the Johnson Farm Road and Route 74.
- Wicker Family Cemetery - This cemetery lies on the north side of the Old Chilson Road. It is on a knoll to the east of the driveway to the Bruce Crammond Farm and is on the Crammond property.
- Maher Cemetery - The cemetery is located on Angier Hill Road behind the barnyard of farmer Harry Palmer. The farm is now owned by Darwin Clark third. (1974)
- Adams Cemetery - Also known as Ellsworth Cemetery, this cemetery is located off the Nolette Road in Willsboro.
- Boardman Cemetery - Located on North Reber Road between Reber and Route 22, in Willsboro.
- Calvary Cemetery - This cemetery is located on the East Side of Route 22 in Willsboro.
- Currier Cemetery - Located on the east side of Route 22 across from the 1812 Homestead in the town of Willsboro, Essex Co., NY.
- Edgewater Farm Cemetery - I discovered this listing on findagrave.com. Since it's a small family cemetery, the list is most likely complete.
- Gilliland Cemetery - This cemetery is located on the north side of the Town of Willsboro on Route 22.
- Lakeview Cemetery - The Lakeview Cemetery is situated on the east side of Route 22 approximately 3 miles south of the village of Willsboro.
- Long Pond Graveyard - Located on Route 22.
- Memorial Cemetery - Located on Route 22 south of the Village, just before Calvary Cemetery.
- Morhous Cemetery - Located on the west side of West Road, just before the intersection of West Road and Coonrod Road in the town of Willsboro.
- Cemetery- Located on the Reber Valley Rd, west side of road, Willsboro.
- Courtney Grave - This stone was found on private property.
- Haselton Cemetery - Haselton
Cemetery is on Haselton Road, 2.3 miles from the junction with Rt. 86.
(Note that the same road is called Springfield Rd on the opposite side
of Rt. 86.)
- Lamoy Cemetery - Lamoy
Cemetery is on Rt. 86, 1.3 miles from the junction with Springfield/Haselton
Roads and 0.4 mile from Hardy Road.
- Malbone Cemetery - Malbone
Cemetery is on Hardy Road, 2.2 miles from the junction with Springfield
Road and 1.2 miles from the junction with Rt. 86.
- Pleasant View Cemetery - Pleasant
View Cemetery is on Bonnieview Road, less than 0.1 mile from the junction
with Rt. 86.
- Winch Cemetery - Winch
Cemetery is on Springfield Road about 2.5 miles from the junction with
Rt. 86. This cemetery is behind a house and is not easily seen from the
road. It is private and permission must be obtained from the landowner
This page maintained by Joyce M. Ranieri